To stay in PCI compliance, you need to tokenize the card to set a new pin. We have partnered with VGS to bring this functionality to you.
There are two steps involved in setting a new pin:
- Step 1: Create a PIN Token
- Step 2: Set a New PIN
Step 1: Create a PIN Token
- POST /v1/card/:id/pintoken
- "id": "crd-8df1a028-447d-479f-8b85-8187d3eb9582",
- "pinToken": "card-pin-test-6c3d8280-0698-4257-be33-fda6e3a657c6"
Step 2: Set a New PIN
To set a PIN, you will need to implement the VGS collect sample code in your client. The sample code is available in our public repositories on GitHub:
- Web apps: vgs-collect-web
- iOS apps: vgs-collect-ios
- Android apps: vgs-show-android
- VGS Collect React Native & Flutter: https://www.verygoodsecurity.com/docs/vgs-collect/cross-platform-development/
Org and Vault IDs
The VGS org and vault ID's are required for implementing the sample code, and you will find these in the Solid Dashboard > Developer > API key screen.