For ease of development, Solid FinTech Platform offers you two modes:
TEST: Test credentials are real-life-like data but not actual data. Requests made to the TEST environment will never hit banking, payments, or identity verification networks. These will never affect live data.
LIVE: Real credentials and real data. Requests made to the LIVE environment will hit LIVE environments of banking or payments or identity verification networks. These will hit real data. For penny testing, you should use the LIVE environment.
You can use the TEST mode to build, test, and certify your FinTech integration before your program is switched to the LIVE mode. TEST Mode uses real phone numbers but provides you with test values to trigger different flows as you build and verify.
Person (KYC) Testing:
When you add a person, you will need to run a KYC (Know Your Customer) for that person. Only after KYC is approved, a personal bank account can be originated for the person. KYC results (approved, review, declined) can be simulated in TEST mode based on the entered SSN (idNumber).
- Approved: Any SSN that starts with 2 will be approved (Ex: 271-81-2177)
- Review: Any SSN that starts with 1 will go into a review (Ex: 171-81-2177)
- Declined: Any SSN that starts with 0 will be declined (Ex: 071-81-2177)
Business (KYB) Testing:
When you add a business, you will need to run a KYB (Know Your Business) for that business. Only after KYC for the person (applicant) is approved, and KYB for the business is approved, a bank account can be originated for the business. KYB results (approved, review, declined) can be simulated in TEST mode based on the entered EIN (idNumber).
- Approved: Any EIN that starts with 2 will be approved (Ex: 27-1812177)
- Review: Any EIN that starts with 1 will go into a review (Ex: 17-1812177)
- Declined: Any EIN that starts with 0 will be declined (Ex: 07-1812177)
You can create cards and simulate card transactions in Solid's TEST mode. This allows you to test your cards before you go LIVE without making actual money transactions. Currently, you can use the simulation only to test virtual cards. Follow these steps:
1. Create a Card (cardType: virtual)
2. Test a Card (pass the test amount)
3. You can List all Card transactions made on the card by filtering by the cardId parameter in the List all Transactions endpoint. You can also view the transaction by calling the Retrieve a Transaction endpoint or the Solid Dashboard (in TEST mode). Go to the Card section – you will see the card, along with transaction details.
- use the simulation only to test virtual cards.
- use it only in TEST mode.
- pass the full amount (with dollar.cents) as a string. Ex: "10.00" or "4.90".
- POST /v1/card/:id/test
- "amount": "14.90"
200 OK success status response code indicates that the test transaction was posted.